Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The First Appointment

Such friendly people work at the Cleveland Clinic! We talked at length to several people, giving my medical history, current symptoms, and discussing what comes next. In God's providence, they have a French-speaking doctor there who can read my records, my Pulmonary doctor has already spoken to an Infectious Diseases doctor about my case, and there was an opening this Friday morning for a bronchoscopy. All in all, I feel like I'm in good hands.

Right now there are many different theories as to what it is. Surprisingly, tuberculosis was still discussed as an option (I got a repeat PPD test today.) One theory was that it's a TB lung cavity with a fungus residing (after hearing that one I realized how complex that this might be). I have to be at the Clinic at 6:45am on Friday for a bronchoscopy in which he will take a biopsy of the lesion. Please, please pray for wisdom for these doctors and that the biopsy and blood tests will be clear as to what road to go down.

Thank you so much for standing beside us in prayer.