Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A thankful 40th birthday

We went to lunch at my favorite park and restaurant, about a 30 minute drive from our home. A lovely day, lush green grass, a precious family, and fresh air...perfect!



I love their salads--even the kids dig in!
A beef and prune tagine--finger-licking good!
Then we returned, had a worship service in our home with our English-speaking international friends, ate dinner, and then had a little party (pictured above). One gift was a beautiful green kaftan dress.
I'm so thankful for my dear husband who has been a rock for me. I'm also grateful to many of you who wrote kind birthday greetings that I read throughout the day (and cried! I miss you guys!). The Lord reminded me of his faithfulness since my childhood and because He doesn't change, it gives me great hope for the future.