Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Carrying on...

We are getting back into a routine. School is now underway and I have noticed a real ownership of what the kids are working on, so that makes it nice for a mom/teacher. I'm back to cooking and just started to add some language listening in this week.

Patrick is up in our new city trying to find housing for us. One lead turned out to be a dump on the inside "requiring 8 months of work" according to Patrick. We have another one in mind but it has been hard to find the landlord to talk price, etc. Patrick has been patiently plodding along by looking for housing, interviewing the ladies that will work at the physical therapy center, and working with the Mor. association to be able to potentially open the center in January. I have been really proud of him--his energy and courage.

I wish that I had a glowing report to share about my health. I feel a little discouraged that I'm still not better, realizing that I almost expected that my trip back to America would cure me. My heart is wrestling now with how you carry on when you just don't feel that well. I know that a lot of people suffer from chronic things on a daily basis and now that I'm amongst their ranks, I want to learn how they do it. My main things now are fatigue, back pain (which began 4 weeks ago with the new meds), and hormonal changes. I'm still coughing up a bit of blood several times a week so I know that I still need to heal. I am hopeful that I will feel much better in a few months. Please pray that I will indeed rest up but that I will carry on and be joyful when my cup is at 50% and that I will think of others more than dwelling on my health. I do take great courage that because of the Lord, my cup truly does overflow. We have seen His hand in many things, from special verses in His Word to people we've met in our new city. I just need to remind myself of this over and over!